Security & Compliance in the Cloud
At DOMA our team is constantly in risk assessment mode and that includes how & where we store customer information.
When people think of The Cloud they may not necessarily think of security, but The Cloud can be a very secure environment that meets any compliance standards.
How secure is the AWS Cloud Itself?
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud offers a shared responsibility model. This means that AWS protects the infrastructure of all the services they offer within the cloud including hardware, software, networking, and facilities. Similarly, the user maintains responsibility for the data stored within the cloud.
AWS is consistently monitoring and improving the security of the offerings, so you can rest assured that your data and applications are protected
The responsibility for the Cloud itself belongs to AWS and includes:
- Compute Software
- Storage Software
- Database Software
- Networking Software
- Regions Hardware
- Availability Zones
- Edge Location
- AWS Employee Training
- AWS Patch Management
How Secure is your Data Within the Cloud?
While the Cloud itself is secured by AWS, the responsibility to protect customer data, platforms, operating systems, and access remains with customer. These are the inherited controls that you the user must secure. When you choose a DOMA cloud solution, our team handles all of the heavy lifting. We proactively secure:
- Customer Data
- Platforms & Applications
- Identity & Access Management
- Operating Systems, Networks, and Firewall Configuration
- Client & Sever-Side Encryption
- Networking Traffic
- DX Software Patch Management
- DOMA Employee Training
At DOMA we employ security best practices that keep your data safe:
- We configure your infrastructure within The Cloud to save you time and maximize security procedures.
- We monitor the Cloud for you, helping with optimization and mitigating any breaches in security.
- If you need a Content Services Platform, our DX Software is regularly audited to ensure it is secure and fully functional.
- Our IT Administrative Professionals go through both cybersecurity courses and additional training to understand best practices for protecting upper-level systems
Our cloud solutions make engaging with your content easy while adhering to the highest standards of data protection.
The Cloud offers some unique advantaged to the platforms and data hosted within it. Amazon Web Services provides an additional layer of security to everything DOMA has already achieved. This makes it easier for you, our customer, to comply with your industry’s protocols.
All processing takes place within Amazon Web Services’ (AWS) highly secure environment:
- DOMA’s security best practices incorporate AWS’s IT infrastructure. AWS augments our compliance with a variety of IT security standards:
- SOC1 / SOC2/ SOC3
- FISMA / FedRAMP / DodSRG Levels 2 and 4 / FIPS 140-2
- PCI DSS Level 1
- ISO 9001 / ISO 27001 / ISO 27017 / ISO 27018
- AWS is a secure environment that meets HIPAA compliance.
- Being compliant with The Department of Defense (DoD) Cloud Computing Security Requirements Guide (SRG) allows DOMA to serve DoD customers on the Cloud.
HIPAA | FISMA | PCI DSS Level 1 | FIPS 140-2 | ISO 9001:2015 | GDPR | CCPA | SOX | GBLA | AWS Partner | Microsoft Gold Partner | Listed on the CSA STAR Registry