Security & Compliance in the Cloud
At DOMA, our team is constantly in risk assessment mode and that includes how & where we store customer information.
When people think of The Cloud, they may not necessarily think of security, but The Cloud can be a very secure environment that meets any compliance standards.
AWS Cloud Security
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud offers a shared responsibility model. Meaning that AWS protects the infrastructure of all the services they offer within the cloud, including hardware, software, networking, and facilities. Similarly, the user maintains responsibility for the data stored within the cloud.
AWS is consistently monitoring and improving the security of its offerings, so you can rest assured that your data and applications are protected.
The responsibility for the Cloud itself belongs to AWS and includes:
- Computer Software
- Storage Software
- Database Software
- Networking Software
- Regions Hardware
- Availability Zones
- Edge Location
- AWS Employee Training
- AWS Patch Management
Security with DOMA
How Secure is your Data in the Cloud?
While the Cloud itself is secured by AWS, the responsibility to protect customer data, platforms, operating systems, and access remains with the customer. These are the inherited controls that you, the user, must secure. When you choose a DOMA cloud solution, our team handles all the heavy lifting. We proactively secure:
- Customer Data
- Platforms & Applications
- Identity & Access Management
- Operating Systems, Networks, and Firewall Configuration
- Client & Sever-Side Encryption
- Networking Traffic
- DX Software Patch Management
- DOMA Employee Training
DOMA Best practices
We employ security best practices to keep your data safe:
- We configure your infrastructure within The Cloud to save time and maximize security procedures.
- We monitor the Cloud for you, helping with optimization and mitigating any breaches in security.
- If you need a Content Services Platform, our DX Software is regularly audited to ensure it is secure and fully functional.
- Our IT Administrative Professionals go through cybersecurity courses and additional training to understand best practices for protecting upper-level systems.
AWS Security Protocols
The Cloud offers some unique advantaged to the platforms and data hosted within it. Amazon Web Services provides an additional layer of security to everything DOMA has already achieved.
All processing takes place within Amazon Web Services (AWS) highly secure environment:
- AWS augments our compliance with a variety of IT security standards:
- SOC1 / SOC2/ SOC3
- FISMA / FedRAMP / DodSRG Levels 2 and 4 / FIPS 140-2
- PCI DSS Level 1
- ISO 9001 / ISO 27001 / ISO 27017 / ISO 27018
- AWS is a secure environment that meets HIPAA compliance.
- Being compliant with The Department of Defense (DoD) Cloud Computing Security Requirements Guide (SRG) allows DOMA to serve DoD customers on the Cloud.