3 Signs That Your Business Could Benefit From The Cloud
How 3 Signs Can Show You If A Switch to The Cloud Can Benefit Your Business.
June 29 2021
Businesses are evolving daily, trying to keep up to date with the ever-changing technology landscape.
How do you know if your business is ready for the next step?
Sometimes it can be hard to gauge whether a shift in technology will be beneficial for your business, or if it will be a waste of time and money. Here are 3 simple signs that your business could benefit from a switch to The Cloud.
Limited Secure Access to Files Off-site
Recently, the whole world had to work remotely because of the COVID-19 pandemic. However, many companies weren’t ready or struggled to use remote work effectively. Remote work and fieldwork have become increasingly important for business. To find out if you could benefit from The Cloud, answer these questions:
- Do your employees have difficulty accessing documents from home or out in the field?
- Is it difficult for your employees to collaborate when working from different locations?
- Is accessing documents outside of the office secure?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, it may be time to consider a move to Cloud Storage and Electronic Content Management.
The Cloud is Secure, Easy to Use, and Accessible Remotely
- The Cloud is highly accessible for employees throughout your organization: It’s easily accessible from almost any device in any location with internet access. Whether at home or traveling as long as they have internet access employees can securely access what they need.
- Easy access from home: The Cloud can securely host Electronic Content Management Software for fast, secure access to all your organization’s documents. Having software hosted in the Cloud eliminates the need to download software on every single company computer. Instead, software and information resources can be accessed through accounts tied to a secure cloud network.
- Encourage collaboration: You won’t need to worry about employees sharing files through free, possible insecure storage options. Employees can easily share files, making Enterprise Collaboration easier.
- Cloud providers keep your data security up to date: You can leverage the expertise of professionals who implement all of the latest protocols in protecting your information. Improved security protocols and updates are always advancing. This high level of agility means better security.
An Overwhelmed IT Department
The IT Department at most companies has a large and varied role. They maintain any information technology systems and services, ensure that your computer network systems run smoothly, and assist employees with technological issues. This can be a lot of work, and it doesn’t need to include your data storage and security. You can free up much-needed time for your IT Department by switching to The Cloud. To find out if your IT Department could benefit from The Cloud, answer these questions:
- Does your IT Department get stretched in too many directions?
- Is it difficult for your IT Specialists to respond to support issues?
- Are your IT Specialists having to constantly update the ever-changing security protocols for your network? Or worse, never having time to do much-needed security updates?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, it may be time to consider a move to Cloud Storage.
Lower Upkeep and Cost Than Most In-House Hardware or Servers
- Easy access from home: Having software hosted in the Cloud eliminates the need to download software on every single company computer. Save your IT department time constantly troubleshooting software downloads for employees, freeing them up for more important tasks.
- Your cloud provider is responsible for data security: Your IT department can stop worrying about the constant upkeep of in-house servers or hardware without the possibility of out-of-date security protocols.
- Cloud storage providers also offer a broad set of global cloud-based products: Compute, storage, databases, analytics, networking, mobile, developer tools, management tools, IoT, security, and enterprise applications. These services help organizations move faster, lower IT costs, and scale.
Lost or Damaged Data
Data can be the lifeblood for many companies, making any data loss a disaster. Keeping your data secure and safe from damage is probably a top priority for your business. Unfortunately, paper files and computer hardware are susceptible to loss, damage, and tampering, making The Cloud a more secure option in many ways. To find out if you could benefit from The Cloud, answer these questions:
- Have you ever dealt with lost or damaged paper files?
- Has hardware ever failed, causing you to lose information?
- Has an employee ever lost or damaged files or hardware?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, it may be time to consider a move to Digital Data, Electronic Content Management, and Cloud Storage.
Reduce the Risk of Loss or Damage
Has your company struggled with lost or damaged files after a disaster?.
- Even if disaster strikes one area, your data remains safe: Cloud data is backed up across multiple server centers across the US.
- Your cloud provider will make sure your data is secure: You can leverage the expertise of professionals who implement all of the latest protocols in protecting your information. Improved security protocols and updates are always advancing. This high level of agility means better security.
- Securely access files without fear of loss or damage: With digital data hosted in The Cloud, employees will be able to securely access files, from anywhere, without fear of loss or damage.
HOW DOMA DOES DATA STORAGE & REMOTE ACCESS
DOMA, like most businesses, uses a combination of tools and methodologies to enable remote work both internally and for its customers. First, DOMA can quickly convert sensitive information in both physical and digital formats into searchable data and upload them to the Cloud. DOMA’s high-volume conversion services make an immediate impact by turning static information into usable data that can be further processed.
Second, DOMA pairs its cloud solutions with a dedicated server for added functionality. Whether it’s cloud migration and storage, or you’re looking for managed services DOMA is equipped to get you integrated with the Cloud.
Finally, many businesses benefit from an Electronic Content Management Software to help manage and organize your data and documents remotely. DOMA’s DX Software is a SaaS platform that can help your organization manage data, information workflows, and more. DX allows for Enterprise Collaboration and secure information access for your employees.
About DOMA- Powered by Tech, Driven by People
DOMA Technologies (DOMA) is a software development and digital transformation company whose mission is to change customer lives by lightening their workload through faster and more targeted access to their data. Since 2000, our team of 200+ experts has helped businesses navigate all aspects of the digital world. We are a dedicated strategic partner for the federal government and private sector clients at every stage of their unique digital transformation journey.
Learn more about DOMA’s Cloud Solutions
Learn More about DOMA’s Services:
Digital Solutions | Cloud Solutions | Hyper Automation | DX Software | Healthcare | Federal Government | SLED | Commercial